Independent Insurance Counselors Serves the Alvin, Angleton, Clear Lake, Friendswood, Manvel, Pearland, and Webster, TX Communities
Independent Insurance Counselors (IIC) was established in 1964 by James A. Lansford. Since 1964, IIC has been located in three downtown Alvin locations.
We purchased and renovated our current location, 302 S. Gordon. We completed the move in January 2005.
Even though we have moved three times in the past 40+ years, there are certain things that have never changed:
• Lansford family ownership
• Quality insurance company representations
• IIC is a service-orented insurance company
• We’re still having fun in a challenging business
Your Insurance Agent – Michael J Lansford, CIC, CWCA
Mike joined IIC in 1982. For over six years he was very fortunate to have the experience of learning the insurance business from his father, Jim Lansford. Mike is still learning. He is the only licensed agent in Brazoria County that holds the Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) and Certified Work Comp Advisor (CWCA) designations.
Mike’s personal accomplishments include:
• Member Heights Baptist Church
• Graduated Alvin High School – Fall 1976
• All-District Football Team 1975 & 1976
• 92 college hours – general studies – Alvin Community College
• Graduated Texas A&M University at Galveston – Dec. 1981
• Corps of Cadets: Outstanding Platoon Leader 1979
• Company XO, Academic Advisor
• Third Mate Unlimited Tonnage License – US Merchant Marine
• Past-President Rotary Club of Alvin
• Member of Alvin Masonic Lodge 762
• Member of Alvin-Manvel Area Chamber of Commerce
• Past board member of the Alvin Independent School District
Mike is most proud of his wife, Tammi Orrell Lansford and children, Jim and Lauren.