For Life's Unexpected...
You WANT AN insurance Agency You Can Trust
Independent Insurance Counselors (IIC) believes in excellence. It is not about being the best insurance agency in Alvin. It is about reaching our potential. As a result, we are our greatest competitor. The work we are doing today is better than the work that we were doing six months ago. The work we’ll be doing six months in the future will be superior to the work we are doing today. Excellence can only be achieved with integrity, professionalism, and a commitment to the belief that every client is a VIP. We know WHY we come to work. We come to work to help businesses and individuals make smarter choices regarding their protection. We like to develop business relationships that are based on trust.
If you agree with our beliefs, we are the better agency.
You will be rewarded by the Independent Insurance Counselors’ advantages.
5 Reasons to Choose Independent Insurance Counselors
1. Access to over 80 different insurance companies
You will have a choice between insurance companies. For example: As of 01/01/2018, you would have access to 25 homeowner markets, 12 personal auto markets, 8 of the top 10 workers’ compensation markets, etc.
2. Committed to the Texas coastal region:
Independent Insurance Counselors was established in 1964. Our location has always been in Alvin, Texas. As a result, we specialize in coastal property and businesses.
3. Knowledgeable, experienced, and properly licensed staff:
Rarely is there a moment when an employee with less than 30 years of experience is not present in the office. The owner, Mike Lansford has acquire the Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) and the Certified WorkComp Advisor (CWCA) designations.
4. Member of the Strategic Insurance Agents' Association
With a combined control of over seven billion dollars, SIAA members have clout with the insurance companies. You will have access to numerous specialty insurance markets and products.
5.Commitment to our clients and neighbors:
Since IIC was established there have been three hurricanes that have impacted the Galveston – Freeport area. The following is how Independent Insurance Counselors responded
Excellence = Always Exceeding Expectations
Hurricane Alicia Timeline:
- August 14, 1983: Mike and Tammi Lansford left on their honeymoon.
- August 18, 1983 (Thursday): Hurricane Alicia landfall
- August 19, 1983 (Friday): Mike and Tammi returned on the first flight to Houston
3:00am Mike and Tammi got home.
6:00am Jim Lansford and Mike Lansford opened IIC.
- August 20, 1983 (Saturday): IIC opened at 6:00am.
- August 21, 1983 (Sunday): IIC opened at 6:00am.
Hurricane Ike Timeline
- September 13, 2008 (Saturday): Hurricane Ike landfall
- 2:30am Hurricane Ike’s center passes Alvin.
- 6:00am Mike Lansford opened Independent Insurance Counselors.
Note: The agency did not have electricity for 7 days. A generator was purchased to operate the phone system and fans.
- September 14, 2008 (Sunday): IIC opened at 6:00am.
Hurricane Harvey Timeline
- August 26, 2017 (Saturday): Hurricane Harvey landfall (Rockport)
- 6:00am Mike Lansford opened IIC due to forecasted flooding.
- August 27, 2017 (Sunday): IIC opened at 6:00am
The bottom line is you can expect Independent Insurance Counselors to be servicing our clients and neighbors as soon as it is safe and as long as it takes. We encourage you to compare our performance to other agencies. Most agencies took a vacation!
Mike looked at our insurance costs and saved us a substantial amount of money by changing both our home and auto insurance. I was impressed with his knowledge and have been using his suggestions for some time now. I have recommended his services to several friends and will continue to do so.
Insurance can be very confusing. To assist the public, we offer free insurance consultations. We ask that you respect our time by setting an appointment. Once you set an appointment, notify us of your insurance topic so we can have the right licensed personnel visit with you. The consultation does not include a detailed risk analysis of your situation..